Quartek is seeking an experienced Civil/Municipal Engineer to develop infrastructure solutions and manage projects. Quartek Group is a design collaborative composing exceptional solutions through the integration of Engineering, Architectural, and Planning services. In this role you will be working closely with engineers, planners, architects and technologists on various projects as part of our civil engineering team.
At Quartek, we believe in achieving career aspirations while improving communities and lives by applying our passion, expertise and experience to a wide variety of private and public development and infrastructure initiatives. We are industry leading architects, engineers and planners working under a single banner delivering integrated design services. We are looking for people eager to join a team of engineers and technologists who are ambitious in their pursuit to be their best, paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture, embracing progressive change, collaboration and creative thinking.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop your civil engineer skillset, manage a variety of projects, relate to a broad clientele and develop unique skills in integrated design.
- preparation of budgets, schedules and fee proposals aimed at soliciting new work
- client liaison and management of budgets, invoicing, schedules and project delivery
- review of existing documentation
- observations and documentation of existing site conditions and features
- for solutions of simple to high complexity, preparation of design calculations, software analysis, sketches, reports, letters and other documents relating to new and replacement infrastructure including vehicular and pedestrian structures, surface grading and drainage works, stormwater management facilities, piping/utilities, sewage collection and pumping works, water supply/distribution works, environmental protection works, and other related facilities, applying codes and regulations, and utilizing design aids, modeling software, productivity software, etc.
- management/oversight of preparation of drawings using AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D (AutoDesk AEC)
- as experience and training permits, carrying out of studies related to traffic impact, stormwater management, sewage flows, water network analysis
- preparation of application packages for permits and approvals
- attendance at meetings with other disciplines, email and letter correspondence with other staff, clients, consultants, utilities and/or contractors
- field review, contract administration and associated documentation of construction of civil/municipal works
- familiarity and some proficiency in the use of Civil 3D is considered an asset
- direction and supervision of other technical staff
- post-secondary degree/diploma in engineering
- minimum of 5 years’ experience in the civil/municipal engineering field, 5 of which should be in Canada
- licensure as a Professional Engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) and sustained PEO membership in good standing, or eligibility therefor within 2 years
- willingness to work a flexible schedule when necessary to meet project deadlines
- willingness to travel occasionally to fulfill work assignments
- proficiency with productivity software including MS Word and Excel.
- effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- high level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour
- ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and review/approval agencies
- strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- strong organizational, management and people management skills
Why Join Our Team?
Quartek Group offers a relaxed, friendly and collaborative work environment, competitive compensation and benefit packages, and opportunities for advancement and ownership.
Our offices are located in the beautiful Niagara Region, home to award winning wineries, micro-breweries, numerous culinary options, cycling and other active recreational opportunities, a burgeoning art community with the new FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, world class sporting events and shows at the new Meridian Centre, and Toronto and Buffalo only 60 minutes and 30 minutes away respectively. It’s a great place to live and work!
Apply to this Position:
To apply to this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position for which you are applying.
We appreciate all interested submissions, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.